Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Talk Radio

I very recently discovered talk radio. I've been listening to NPR, abc news, Dave Ramsey, and this great Christian guy that comes on named Albert Mohler.

Talk radio makes me feel good for choosing self-education over repetitive pop songs. You know those intellectuals that seem to breathe knowledge and were probably born that way? I'm wondering if maybe they weren't. Maybe the smart people just chose one day to use their time a little better by switching from the "boys trying to touch my junk" song (reference the so obnoxious but catchy song "Tik Tok" by Kesha) to the just as accessible information network on the AM waves.

Not that I don't get in "poppy" moods anymore - I like dancing and singing and having fun. But, I'm realizing that I have the power to educate myself through small choices. So, I'm pretty into talk radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment