
I've been thinking about faith and trust lately, especially this idea of having a childlike faith. Jesus was all about the kids - He said to let the children come to Him and to not let anybody discount you because you're young. He worked through and in kids all the time and still does.
Faith, even tiny faith, is the stuff that changes the scenery and moves circumstances and achieves breakthrough. Even us clumsy adults can accomplish lots in the kingdom of God with faith. But it's the kids that we're supposed to aspire to be like because they have great faith.
When I was littler, I didn't question so many things or doubt myself so much. I wasn't yet tainted by experiences that caused me to distrust people or even God. I just believed in goodness; I believed God was who he says He is and can do what He says He will do and has my best on His heart.
Now it's a lot muddier and a lot harder to believe all of those things. I'm more jaded by the world and have been hurt and pained and it's hard to push past all of that and still believe the same things about God and life and people as purely as I did before. As simply as I did before. I don't want to hurt more, so it's so much easier to put up this uncertain, wary barrier around my heart and eyes and mind as I look out on the world, build relationships, try to move mountains for Jesus.
But God's calling me back to that untainted place of pure trust and belief in His nature and power. It feels more risky now...but I'm trying to get outside of myself and believe that God, who is Bigger, knows all that He's asking when He requires a childlike faith. Teach me, Lord, to have childlike faith again.

No comments:
Post a Comment